TJ Clinic expert specialist practitioners respond to requests by national justice systems to provide technical peer-to-peer clinical mentoring on current cases.
Following a request by national justice system officials to support them in investigation and prosecution of grave crimes, the TJ Clinic will:
- Assess the legal needs of peers;
- Evaluate the local factual context;
- Analyse the local legal framework.
National counterparts will then select a case or a series of cases for which they seek our technical guidance.
TJ Clinic will then:
- Evaluate the evidence;
- Consider the totality of the evidence in light of the national legal framework within the context of the international legal framework;
- We provide tailor-made practicums to train our peers in the methodologies of preparing and prosecuting international crimes;
- We transfer our expertise to them so that they can investigate and prosecute the case in their own courts and share their own skills with others in their community of practice.